COMERG Is dedicated on developing technologies with minimum impact to end product.Utilizing its Liquefied Gas Extraction Technology, COMERG’s solution is cheaper, faster and better than the currently most popular carbon dioxide technologies.
COMERG to Unveil and Demo New Natural Extraction Technology at Natural Products Expo West at Booth H538
Faster, Cheaper, and Higher Yield than its Carbon Dioxide Competitors
The new Low Pressure Extraction (LPE) technology, which COMERG calls Atomic, is not only significantly safer, but produces a higher yield, is faster to produce, and is less expensive than current carbon dioxide extraction machines. "Our new Low Pressure Extraction technology is a game-changer for the food, pharmacy and perfume industries because it can produce up to six times higher yield than the CO2 technology in one- sixth of the time, while process cost is only one-sixth of the cost of CO2 process," COMERG CEO Dr. George Stantchev said: "We're excited to introduce LPE and COMERG's Atomic at the Natural Products Expo West and invite everyone to visit our booth to see what we offer, both in regards to processing equipment and the naturals themselves." Atomic process combines two separate carbon dioxide processes into one while creating a significantly greater yield in a fraction of the time (for example a 3--50-minute cycle versus 300-minute cycle for a standard carbon dioxide process). Unlike the existing carbon dioxide industrial size machines, COMERG's Atomic LPE technology is also only a fraction of the cost.
How does LPE work?
Low Pressure Extraction combines novel extraction methods based on tetrafluoroethane (TFE). TFE has long been overlooked to extract a wide range of compounds since the industry adopted carbon dioxide and other methods. TFEs has very low boiling point and separates completely from the most volatile components of the extract, therefore leaves no residue in the end product. The extracts can be produced with high purity and on a large scale under extremely low cost. Since the critical pressures and temperatures are much lower than carbon dioxide, construction the LPE apparatus are significantly reducing CapEx and OpEx.
Additional facts about COMERG's Atomic LPE Technology:
- Down to 20% CapEx of carbon dioxide extractor from energy and cost
- Higher yields on shorter run times with cleaner product results
- Higher solubility of output for use in food, drinks and medicine
- Able to handle fragile natural ingredients with less degradation
- Low Maintenance due better design and construction
- Fraction of energy needed during processing
- With no solvent residue in the final product
- Fire Safe due to GRAS (generally recognized as safe) solvent
- Low Pressure and high safety technology
- Low Temperature liquefied gas extraction
- Full solvent recovery with no production losses
- Allows extraction of fresh and even moisturized product
- Unique extraction method that keeps full flavor and aroma
- Preserves the full nutritional significance of the ingredients